View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Vague Question, but a situation I find myself in frequently..

I find myself in these situations very frequently, especially during the later stages of tournaments. They come up all the time, such as in SB v BB or steals gone bad.

For my example here, I am going to use a steal that gets called.

Say you are in LP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and you open-raise 3x the BB as a steal. The BB calls you.

The flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] You make a continuation bet of about half the pot, and your opponent calls.

The turn comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he checks and you check behind.

The river comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he bets out at you. What do you do?

This example isn't perfect, but I hope you understand my point. Basically, you start with a semi-weak hand, and you either flop middle pair and make a continuation bet, or flop nothing, make a continuation bet, and turn or river a middle pair etc.

When this happens to me and my opponent bets to me after i checked, I am often very confused. Sometimes they will slowplay a King, in the example provided above, yet other times they will call the flop bet with total garbage in hopes that you will check the hand down, and they can steal the pot from you on the river. I am often very confused whether to call or fold because of this.