View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Live 10/20 deep stack hand facing an AI on the river

Hi Percula,

This sounds like a frickin' awesome experience. As for whether your hand is good, who the hell knows better than you in this spot? You can only beat a bluff here, though I suppose you know that. Don't you think he makes this play with quads, knowing it's tough to fold a K here? Of course, he made a nice flop raise if he has quads. I believe he could've read you for a very big pair pre-flop, and thought you might bite. On the info you've given, I definitely fold on the river, though I do like to listen to the little voice as well.

I really don't know why you bet the river, though. Checking with the intention of calling does a lot better here, I think, and he's unlikely to push with any hand (stone bluff through nuts) in that event, so you don't have to decide whether to catch a WCP's bluff for all your chips.

You're in a bad spot here, because the table probably still thinks you're playing very tightly. Thus, he "knows" you can't have a 5, but he obviously can have any 2 cards to call a $200 open-raise when he covers your 23k.

I hope that it worked out, and barring that, I hope you learned some valuable stuff.