View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Live 10/20 deep stack hand facing an AI on the river

Live private game with some very good players. The blinds are 10/20 but there is no cap and it plays alot more like a 100/200 game.

I bought in short $5k (taking a shot at the big game again) and have been playing for about 7 hours at this point. I nut peddled until I was up to about $18k, where I changed gears and got TAG/LAG'ish. I have not shown down one hand that wasn't the nuts, second or third nuts all session.

9 handed, I am UTG+2 with AA and about $23k, villian is on the button with ~$50k and is a name player (dont ask I can tell). He is tricky, aggressive and running very good since the WSOP. I have seen him make some BIG moves with air and the nuts...

PF: folds to me, I make the table standard raise of 200, folds to the button who smooth calls, blinds fold.

Flop: 555, I lead for $600, villian pops it to $2500. I tank, his flat call from the button could be any two cards including the case 5, I can not put him on a hand but have a hunch he has a big pair (but nothing too strong of a read/feeling here), and for lack of a better line call.

Turn: K, I check, he checks. I was looking for a C/R here, but he did not play along...

River: K, I tank and lead with $3500, villian is insta AI. The little voice in the back of my mind is saying "he has queens, your hand is good".

Hero?