View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Should I finish college? (long)

Hi Whitelime,

There comes a time in life, when you have to let go of the influence your parents have over you and make your own decisions. It's hard to do, because a lot of times it's a conflict between what you want to do and what your loved ones want. But in the end, you should make the decision for yourself.

I have no opinion as to whether you should continue school or not. That depends on the person. I have always been self employed and went back and completed my masters but do not plan to work for anyone else. For me, I happen to enjoy school and it was nice to mix things up a bit.

I have a friend coming into town tonight that actually dropped out of college in his LAST semester. That was two years ago. He went to pursue a career in film and has been quite successful thus far, however he plans on finishing up the classes he needs to graduate this Spring. For him, he just really needed a breather and needed to step back and assess his life.

So I mean, it depends on you. What you want to do. You have to weigh your options and make the best decision. You could finish now, you could finish later, maybe you won't even care to finish. But in the end, do what is best for you after considering everything.

I wish you the best.