View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: A7soooooted. play along?

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to make it unprofitable for 3 outers (AK, AQ) to call this.(they still will, they just won't know that they are not getting the right odds.)
Plus, some weak overs can fold too.
Yes, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, let's make some assumptions. Let's say I just call and bring along 2 of the players beind me, beefing the pot up to about 26sb, or 13bb. Let's also say that BB leads again and UTG calls again, and I then raise. I face the field with 8.5:1 odds, meaning I protect against anyone with fewer than 5 outs. This is being generous, though. If the action is a bit slower on the turn, then I protect against maybe 5-outers also. I don't know how to handle the fact that MP3 is still left to act (although she didn't cap pf, so this could easily reduce her to passivity, especially on a dry flop like this). If I raise now, then it could get even worse for me when BB 3-bets.

All in all, I decided to raise to the flop to protect against 3-outers and also get some dirty 6-outers to fold (I would probably fold KQ or JT if this flop was raised, where I would possibly call for one bet). With 4 players behind me, I think I need to push this edge now.