View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: ($27) Just because they should fold...

[ QUOTE ]
i like this push b/c you are still very likely to get itm if you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I would typically like villain to have a little less or myself to have a little more to do this, but I think this is very standard against a "thinking villain"...which begs the question, if villain is thinking, why would he minraise here? Therefore, he might not be thinking and you may get a call...

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, I think that's what it boils down to. I push pretty hard all the time in situations like this when I can tell people are stack conscious (as most sane people are); however, if the villian is acting erratic, I'm not crazy about the prospect of fighting for my life to stay ITM (if the shorty doubles up on his blind-out) when I'm a lock and in well stacked for ITM. If the stack gap was a tiny bit wider (where I felt I still had a near lock on 3rd), I'd be a bit more comfortable.

I would push anyway, though--I like to 'gamble' for excitement's sake when it's probably correct either way. I bet the equity, in a cosmic sense, all balances out for either move--with folding being lower variance.

It's an interesting hand, though (given the reads). Hope for more replies.