View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Help, I\'m getting raped online (long)

Ok. For the longest time, I always envisioned playing online with my fellow 2+2ers and crushing the game, making a few extra bucks on the side. I played homegames for the longest time (few years), crushing it with ease. Too bad internet poker is far, far different.

Phase past the fantasy- I've been getting raped online. A quick background on my online playing-

My friend played PP a while back, lost his inital deposit, and 2 weeks ago, found $20 back in his account. Me and him both played it, running well, and running the $20 into $440 within the first few days. Wow, I thought I was God. This internet poker stuff is pretty easy, even easier than homegames. We divided the bank and kept track of our wins/losses.

Fastfoward a few days. My friend, not a student of the game, lost some money, then tilted, putting his last $50 on black jack party. He lost it all, leaving me $280, and the rest of the account. Obviously this may cause some problems cashing out, moving money through netteller, so I planned on just playing at party until I can get my own netteller/PP account (I think I told you guys this earlier).

Well, this has not been a breeze. Due to the money situation, I cannot get PT until I get my own netteller. The lack of reads I get, plus a nasty run of cards is killing me.

I'm down to my last $100, having lost quite a few buyins over the past few days. I think I'm both getting hit by the deck and playing poorly.

I plan on talking to my parents regarding internet poker/netteller, etc over break, and hope to get my own account. I plan on (parent willing) depositing $500 into party to get a bonus (or maybe you guys can recommend me something else, I'll post when and if I can start my own [censored]).

This is brutal, and in general, today has been brutal. I've lost 4 buyins today, my most in one day. Moving to the NL10 is tough for now, because I cannot access the funds. So I suppose I am going to stick with party. I have been 2 tabling 10 full, buying in shorter to prevent difficult turn/river decisions, to no avail.

I'm guessing I will be told "take a few days break, etc", but are there any more tidbits of advice you guys can help me with? I'm dieing here.