View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: A fine reason to ban weapons

[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing that you are not from the good old US of A, and your knowledge of America and of the gun situation here comes from the media.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, I'm from the UK. But in my defense I've been here nearly 6 years albeit in the very liberal city of NY and safe suburbs of CT. My wife was born and raised in Oklahoma and is my main source of information of how guns are obtained and stored and generally thought off in at least that part of the US.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't believe everything you read or see on the telly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your preaching to the converted.

[ QUOTE ]
You say "I believe"

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time I will use 'In my opinion'.

[ QUOTE ]
with no evidence except anecdotal stories

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe AC's linked story is a fabrication?

[ QUOTE ]
Tragic as they might be, they are no logical basis for "belief" or policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I believe, sorry, if my opinion is that a law/set of laws is/are flawed is their some mathmatical formula I can refer to in future to find what logic dictates. Most laws (if not all) have evolved thru the method of discussion and debate. I fail to see why the regulation of gun ownership and useage should be different.

[ QUOTE ]
And it doesn't mean that they aren't enough either. The point is that the current legal structure and mind-set isn't working. Try something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. This is promising. What? Here's what I would do - no gun shall be allowed to be kept at a home residence. Their will be exceptions off course but 'for personal protection' won't be one of them and neither will 'I havn't got any kids'.