View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: This is what I came up with for my tournaments

I guess I didn't explain the seating adequately:

Ace is "seat one", deuce is "two", trey is "three" etc.

The only thing that isn't standard is that the Ace gets to choose his seat... skilled players tend to choose the one that lets them see the clock or the other table, fish tend to choose the one that lets them see the TV [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The Ace spade gets to choose his/her table also... usually the once closest to the 'fridge [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As an addition:

Rebuys are easy to handle when you can only take one but when I go to unlimited buys for two hours it may get kinda hairy. I'm thinking that I'll get a little aluminum lockbox and a bunch of coin envelopes. After I do the initial buy/rebuy before the tournament starts (all blacks should be out) I'll put all that cash in one envelope and record it's value on the face of the envelope. I will then put a bunch of rebuys in individual numbered envelopes. As I sell them I'll put the cash in the envelope. When I run out of a "pocketful" of rebuys I'll open the cash box and swap the cash filled envelopes for chip filled ones.

I'm a little paranoid about mis-rebuying people in the heat of battle but it hasn't seemed to have happened yet, although I've never counted the chips down at the end to see if the math is correct.