Default Re: Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh but it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you try to make it into a genius play. I would fold in the same situation. Run some calculations on your equity after a tight raiser reraises another tight raiser and your jacks are not worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why must every single thread on these boards turn into a pissing contest? I'm not bragging, I'm not showing off, I'm not trying to make it into a "genius" play at all. It was a situation that came up where I would almost always hit "raise" in the past, or at *least* call and hope to spike a set, particularly since I could be in against two AKs. I don't know many players who would lay down JJ in this spot, even though it is a situation specifically addressed in HFAP and the equity is relatively easy to figure out. It's a group 1 hand, those don't come around two often, and I was facing two pretty aggro and relatively loose players. Sure, it's probably still right play to lay it down, but how often do you actually do it? Until that hand, I never had. If that means I suck in your eyes, so be it.

I thought it was a hand that people could maybe learn something from, or think about a little. It wasn't my intention to start a war with the annoying pricks on here who can't let a post go by without flaming it or assuming that the poster is just another dick out to brag about how awesome he is. That was never my intention.