View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Using drugs to enhance ur tourney game?

[ QUOTE ]
Not too much imput, but for me, playing after smoking is a really bad mix, same with drinking (neither of which i do often, just from the small sample size) however my girlfriend was prescribed Adderall and i can vouge that Adderall is a pretty awesome prescription. I'm not sure if the effects were just because i wasn't used to the meds or not, but it basically felt like brain was kicked into overdrive. I havn't been able to play poker while on adderall yet, but i'm seriously going to ask my doctor about getting a prescription because it was crazy. It's legal speed though, so does get your heart rate up, gave me terrible dry mouth, and i was up for hours. But I definitely think it would have a positive effect on my poker game, especially for live games when you can't open up 4 tables to keep yourself occupied.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had this reaction to adderall, you were in effect taking speed. It doesn't have this effect on people with ADD. It has a calming effected (no sleeplessness, etc). The reason it has value as a street drug is that people without ADD get the effect you described.