View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Folding the river, (censorsed)

In that case, why the long-winded crap at the end of the hand? Why not just say "I folded." The subtext of what you wrote, which I'll quote here for convenience, is that you held a shred of doubt:

"everyone checks (including me) and button bets saying "give it to paulie"

folds around to me and I look at him and he says "straight"

people in this game to this A LOT. and they dont lie, either. it's a real friendly game and they almost dont like their buddies calling their bets when they have the nuts.

I figure he's telling the truth (and what does he cold call 2 SB's with here anyways when I have top two and the nut flush draw)

I fold. He doesn't show."

This sounds like a pretty good angle-shoot opportunity, I thought that's what you were getting at. I can think of many hands that a typical live-game jackass will call with to see this river. A2 with any other 2, for example. Flush draw, for example. Chances are slim that you held the winning hand, but then again the pot was laying you huge odds on a call there.

Finally, why post this F'ing hand if your question isn't about the river play? What else about this hand is anything other than utterly mundane. The fking title of this thread is "Folding the river. (censored])"