View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Is my hand good?

2/4 game, full table, I have $1000, villain is with $750.

I was playing a very crazy game, pushing people around, raising and reraising. Villain is a tight, looks like a solid player, not too passive or aggressive. He made a rather big call against me earlier when I bluffed him on some river. And I also cracked his AA with KK all-in, so he is generally somewhat pissed at me and also talked about it a bit.

Villain raises to $15 UTG+1. Folded to me on SB, I call with 6c6s.

Flop: 7 T 6, all diamonds.

I lead for $24. Villain calls.

Turn: 3 heart. I bet $55, villain calls. This is a bit strange, because it's a bit tough for me to see how he plays an over-pair, any pair, or flush draw this way. OTOH, he might think I'm on a complete bluff, and wants to get value out of me with some marginal holding. Still I'd expect him to raise on such a board if he has a made hand, and also if he has a draw (and of course to bluff me out).

River: 3s.

I over bet for $220, which is something I did couple of times before. Villain raises $600+ more and is all-in. He is not a maniac and I havn't seen him bluffing like this at all, plus - he didn't see me making big loose calls or anything. Anybody thinks about laying this down?