View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: 15 minute hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, after waking up this morning and reading this thread I am quite depressed. I am simply unable to believe the amount of straightfoward racism here. Yes, Tiffany appears to be something of a tool, and stalling tactics are a problem in poker, but there are an awful lot of straightforwardly, unapologetically racist/sexist posters in this thread, and also a number of posters that I have respected in the past that have made some extremely unfortunate comments, and a number of people that I have simply lost all respect for. As in any public forum, I'm accustomed to seeing minor amounts of ingorance, but this is just depressing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.......everyone is praising Phil Ivey who's an incredible poker player,
very professional, and just happens to be black.
Everyone's giving Tiffany crap because she's a horrible poker player
and seems to be "something of a tool", as you say, and just happens to be black.
But when posters dump on Tiffany they're "racist" and "sexist"
and when they praise Phil Ivey you seem to gloss over thier comments.
Interesting...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, have you read this thread, are you trolling, or what?

[ QUOTE ]
She looks like she was hit with a clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Oh no, the world's most annoying person and the woman who thinks tournament poker is worse than being a SLAVE on a plantation would be insulted.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Tiffany Williamson is the Condoleeza Rice of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I couldn't imagine affirmative action was ANY part of her decision (sic) to get in to either.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a classy move by Black. It is safe to say that there is at least one classy Black left in the tourny....

[/ QUOTE ]

You think this is cute? You think this is funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

while 3, 4 & 5 were incredibly stupid, as i mentioned on an earlier page. quote 1 is about her being ugly, which isnt racist. quote 2 is completely out of context. i believe the op was referring to when either daniel negreanu or annie duke(i cant remember) compared playing in the WPT poker superstars qualifier and compared it to being a slave on a plantation because the network was making more than they were. it was a sarcastic reference to that legitimatly stupid/ignorant comment.

rj