View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Anybody struggle to win in live games while beating online easily?

Like you said, it is almost certainly a sample size problem, as I highly doubt that you are a winner online, but a loser at 4/8 B&M. It seems like most live games are comparable to online games that are considerably lower (i.e. limits up to even 10/20 or higher play like party .5/1.00 sometimes).

From a profitability standpoint, it's not really worth your time to play live unless you play quite a bit higher than you do online. You will see significantly fewer hands and likely have to deal with a higher rake, tokes, etc.

All that being said, I love playing live; it's a lot of fun to actually handle chips and cards and get to see the faces of the people you're playing against. I'm confident that if you continue playing live, you will show a profit, but it will take much longer to approach any kind of "long term" live. I would say if you enjoy playing B&M (even though it's less profitable), continue doing so. I think it's important to maintain some fun aspect to the game to avoid burnout. About a year ago I went through that and just couldn't stand the game anymore and ended up taking 10+ months off of poker which I now wish I would not have.