View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: 1280x1024 vs 1600x1200

[ QUOTE ]
That's cool...just a matter of preference (and maybe cost) I guess. I'm using the 1920x1200 on the Dell 6000 laptop, which I really like. I'd like to get a 2001FP to add on. Which make/model are these monitors that you just upgraded to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a deal from a friend of a friend on some old-school Compaq P110's from some graphic design company that was upgrading or something like that, 2 for $200. I did a quick search or two and it seemed they were pretty serious when they came out ('98?), and from what I understand regular monitors haven't changed much (??) so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Turns out they are f'ng huge. I have plenty of room so it's no big deal, but obviously that would be a factor for some. But the I gotta say the picture is brilliant, and I just love having so much room. heh, I get claustrophobic on my 17" now. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

edit: Guess I should say what video card I have- the box says EVGA | Intelligent Innovation e-GeForce 6200 Graphics by nVIDIA. I can't remember how much he charged me off-hand, but I think it was like $200.