View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: The Exciting Season Finale (results)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think that the times that he calls has a worse hand and calls you with this worse hand outweighs the times he checks behind his AA or KK (fearing the T).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a better hand checks behind never.

Stop looking at my cards and start looking at my play. Give me one reason why he shouldn't put me on AK/AQ (probably clubs or diamonds) after I check the river.

The real question about the river is whether there is any hand he will check. It is possible that he will bet any pair for value and any two high cards as a bluff.

That's the real reason why my bet might not be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for opening my eyes. I wasn't really thinking about what he might put you on. I am trying to use more levels of thought when analyzing plays, but still havn't made it there. I will try to think more about what they they I have.

I guess normally the plays you make express your strength to your opponent, so this level of thinking isn't as important. But since your play here is very deceptive, your actual range, and the range he thinks you have differ a lot more than usual, which means you really have to be thinking about it.

Thanks as always.