View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Need Help On Home Game Ethical Issue Re Markers!!!

How do markers come into being? If they get written out mid-hand, the other players in the game probably see them happening. I'd ask around and see if anybody else there has a recollection of you filling one out. If people do, you might need to just suck it up and pay it despite your not remembering having written one but, if nobody else ever remembers you making one, you have a little more evidence to go to the guy and tell him you don't think its legit.

Of course, any confrontational approach runs the risk of you not being able to play in this particular game any more (though, of course, you could form your own group with everyone but this guy but that's a whole different subject). If playing this game matters a lot to you, I'd say suck it up and pay the $260. Even if you're 100% positive you didn't write one, you might want to pay it for this reason. Regardless, I think you ought to make sure you never need to fill one out again (i.e. by bringing more than enough money with you to cover) so you won't have to go through this again.