View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:41 PM

Default I get criticized for this play - you decide

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Kh 9d (three of a kind, kings).
Hero has 7c Ac (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>

Villain gets mad and says to me:

"that was a horrible hand"

"i dont think it was possible to play that any more wrongly"

One of the table agrees with him . . .

I suppose I could have raised preflop, but I can't see mucking.

On the flop, I bet it in last position to see if I can take it down or build a pot with my nut flush draw + ace overcard.

When SB raises me to get heads up, I put him on top pair. I re-raise to try and get a free card thinking I may have 12 outs and close to 50% pot equity even if he caps. I certainly can't fold.

When another K hits the turn and he checks, I can't bet given my read. I take the free card.

The river played itself.

Personally, I think he played it bad after his initial flop check-raise, which I thought was good.

If I am him, I consider capping the flop, and certainly lead out on the turn. I mean, was he going for 2 check-raises in a row? If we are still playing when the 3rd club hits, I check-call the river with his hand.

Thoughts?