View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 10:32 AM

Default $5K Trump Classic

Here is an interesting hand from the Trump Classic this past weekend. The structure of this tournament was great for the players. We are in the 5th level (90 minute levels) and we are at 100-200 with 25 ante after starting with 10K in chips. I have been playing with the villain of this particular hand all day and he is not a professional, but is a very solid player that I have not seen get out of line yet. In fact he may be a little too tight, but with this structure he does not have to loosen up. My table image was rather loose early in the day when I was playing a lot of pots and got caught in a bluff or two, but I have tightened up over the last hour or so and villain has even commented on how I have not been playing many pots lately.

The hand is SB versus BB after everyone else folds their hands. I have limped in this situation every single time today and often times I have limped without even looking at my cards. The BB has raised my limp about half the time and I have called that raise about half the time.

This hand I have AA and I limp. BB checks his option. Flop comes J92 rainbow. I bet 300. Villain thinks for just a minute and raises to 1200. I think for a minute more and raise it to 2800. Villain sits back for a second and thinks. He decides to make it 5200.

We started this hand with similar chip stacks. I had 15K and villain had 17K.

Am I beat? Do you re-raise, call or fold? What hands do you put the villain on?

This was a tough decision for me and a clock was eventually called on me - by the dealer!

Temp