View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Relative overstaying their welcoime

the way I look at the mother-offspring relationship is that when you were young, she took care of you for everything you could possibly have asked for (at least I'm assuming this much). when she gets older, she needs to lean on her offspring more and more. this appears to be one of those times where she needs your assistance very badly. she was clearly very close to your grandmother/aunt/father/uncle or whomever it is in the hospital (who was it, by the way? I think this matters). you should've put first things first, though, and made a living agreement. it's not too late, though.

I don't think anyone can call you a sick [censored] for wanting her out of there, but I'm guessing you're at a point in your life where your career, your relationships, and your life, tends to take precedence over everyone else's. that's clearly acceptable in some scenarios, but you have to understand where to draw the line and make sacrifices for others. in the case of your mother, consider it a repayment of debt.