View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: My losing streak wins!!

No need to be sorry!!
My reaction would be the same.

It probably shouldn't scare you THAT much either.

If you are truly a winning player I don't think it should be possible to do what I have accomplished. It takes a true talent (such as myself) to drop over 1000 BB's.

As pokher pointed out, I posted a hand in the SHUSH forum that I played pretty gosh-darned passively. I know I'm misplaying other hands too.

A good player getting the exact same cards as me would certainly not have lost nearly as much as I have. Perhaps (probably??) would have been profitable in fact.

At least I have some RB to keep me going.

Also - I am partly accepting pokher's ideas about staying away. I was planning on doing various errands today as well as spending some time with the GF who is not working today.

Other options for the future will include playing more "for fun" in low buy-in SNG's or satellites (where I've been doing quite well actually...over $1k on Pokerstars from the past week or so).

I might consider playing total idiot poker too:
This would include multi-tabling full-ring at something like 12/6 perhaps with even more of a fit-or-fold style or something like that. I do believe this would still be good enough to win at Party 2/4 and 3/6 actually.

Or I might play some Miller NL short-stack strategy (from his book Getting Started in Holdem) which I would categorize as another form of 'idiot poker'.

I need confidence of course.
but I also need some money and to that end 'fixing' my game immediately isn't my top priority anymore.

I really don't care how dumb I have to play or how long in order to grind out some dollars.
It might sound like torture for some to play THAT boring a style of poker (miller short-stack NL...or super weak-tight low-limit)....but playing in ANY fashion that results in some wins would be a really fun time for me these days.

I actually was playing some .25/.50 full-ring on a different site today on 3 tables (just getting in enough hands for a weekly freeroll tournament).
I dropped 30BB's over there too. my QJ on board of J9425 would always run into 54 and other such catastrophes.

Anyway...I forgot to include those 30BB's in the down-swing...but I had some winning stretches on a couple of those sites too so it probably balances out.