View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Blind v Blind near the Bubble

[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about blind battles in low M situations recently, and I think it comes down to textbook TPFAP: don't raise if you're going to hate a re-raise. So I raise my worst hands here if I think I can steal, and I raise any hand I'm willing to call a push with (this includes any pair and A9+). Hands where I think I'm ahead (weak A's, weak K's) and hands that play well post-flop (JT, suited cards, etc.) I limp, and, depending on the strength of the hand, may call a small raise. This also gives you the option of putting in the last bet by limp-re-raising all-in if you think BB is stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, though it isnt really the classic TPFAP situation that you cite. Since you aren't closing out the action on the hand, you are still subject to the raise that you hate. In fact it could be argued that just completing here invites the raise that you hate since it shows weakness.

I'd be interested in other opinions..I got blasted in another forum for advocating a limp here, and given that we have no information at all on the BB, I can see other approaches, but dont think limping deserves the bashing it got.