View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Penalizing the sheik.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else feel that the Sheik did not deserve a penalty for what he did? While what he did was disrespectful, he never actually stated the cards that he had. He showed his disgust, which all but told the other players in the hand that he caught a good piece of that flop, but he never said "damnit, I folded A8" or anything of the sorts. I don't think he deserved the penalty (especially since he was so short stacked at the time and that penalty would cripple him even more), even though I agree that he was in the wrong with what he did during that hand.

Matusow on the other hand, definitely deserved the penalty. He has acted disrespectful towards every player the entire WSOP, and I much prefer the Sheik to Matusow's childishness. In fact, I kind of got a kick out of the Sheik calling the clock on Tiffany during last weeks episodes right after she asked for a count from Raymer.

Let's just say, I'm looking forward to the Kings vs. Aces next week. That runner runner flush is going to be quite sweet to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought Matusow handled it extremly well after the hand, I was expecting to see him insult the guy or something like that and he just calmly said: we're playing for a lot of money, you can't do that