Thread: Sticky deck.
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Sticky deck.

[ QUOTE ]
About 3 hands later, the deck was real sticky and the dealer was having a heck-of-a-time trying to deal. I thought this was quite bizarre and asked for a deck change. He looked up at me and said "thanks". I took from this that the dealer was not allowed to change the deck when he feels it needs to be so and needs to be told to do so by the floor or asked by a player. Please tell me that this is not so???

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the policy at some cardrooms. I've already been at at table with a dealer that I was friendly with, and she asked me to ask her for a new setup. I thought it was strange, but I asked her. After the table got the new setup, I asked her why I needed to do that. She told me that the dealers can't request a new setup.

This seems like the worst rule in the world to me. What happens if the dealer notices something wrong with the deck that no one at the table does? This is especially troublesome if there is an auto shuffler at the table and both decks are being used at once. Then the dealer can't just switch decks. Anyone care to shed some light on why dealers can't request new setups on their own?