View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 09:33 AM

Default READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MAKING A UB DEPOSIT

I just had trouble making a deposit at UB. There was a prompt for typing in the last 4 digits of your bank account but only if you wanted to use insta cash. Since my Neteller account was fully funded I did not need insta cash. I sent an e-mail to UB and they suggested that there was aproblem at Neteller and that I might be required to fill in my bank account number. I did so and the deposit went through but it used insta cash, which means that a concurrent withdrawal was made from Neteller from my bank account. Now I did not want that withdrawal to take place. I can withdraw back from Neteller to my account but not until after the ETF clears in 4-5 days. I called Neteller and at least there is no interest charge. Still, I am pretty PO'd. I called Neteller and they blamed UB saying that trnasfers are only going through to UB using insta cash unless you do a merchant transfer from the Neteller site (and they need to give you UB's merchant code to do that). I suppose I shopuld have tried 0000 instead of my bank account but I had not seen this thread yet. I sent UB an e-mail about this and will post their response here when I get it. I just wanted to bump this thread back up for the benefit of anyone making a UB deposit.