View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: the psychology of the current 2+2er

I agree that most people on these boards are looking to improve their low limit play, with or without the use of such programs as Gametime+ or PokerTracker, as well as maximize bonus potential, but a lot of people here are also looking to improve their general understanding of poker theory and its underlying concepts. You can't knock low limit players who are trying to do the best they can at their given level, just because they aren't immediately concerned with playing well enough to beat 400/800. There are a lot of places here where people are looking to improve their play and learning to beat bigger limits. Just look at the Mid-High Stakes forum, or some of the more experienced posters in the Small Stakes hold em forum. While many do use some kind of software to enhance their ability to get quick reads on players, I think there is a lot of good thinking/discussing going on there.

As a low limit player myself, I'm always looking for ways to improve my fundamental play, my hand reading skills, etc. Every once and awhile I check out the threads in the Mid-High Stakes Hold Em Forum, and that always keeps me thinking about how I can eventually take my game to the next level. So I agree with your general sentiment, but I don't think the forums are anywhere near going down the toilet.

Out of curiosity, what limits do you play and where?