View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 09:08 PM

Default the psychology of the current 2+2er

I mean besides the depravity, drugs, decadance, and depression...

This is a post that was in the review of Barry Greenstein's book - it's been on my mind for awhile, and so I wanna crosspost it here -

when discussing a review of Barry's book, David Sklansky said the following...

[ QUOTE ]
The vast majority of the readers of Barry's book will be well below the level of expertise that is required for the strategic advice meant mainly for 200-400 players. But the book will whet their appetites and make them want to buy other books that will help them climb the ladder to the point where they are most helped by Barry's writing. So while Mason is always scrupulously honest about his opinions in his reviews, you need not worry about how his review will hurt his financial interests

[/ QUOTE ]

To which I replied as follows...
[ QUOTE ]
alas, the common mentality of the 2+2 player today isn't about bettering himself to the 200/400 game.

it's about 8 tabling 3/6 Party Poker games and using automated tools to gather statistics on other players - (preferably using someone else's predefined standards) - all while maintaining enough accounts that bonuses can be easily accrued/withdrawn/accrued again.

the concept of attempting to better one's self at the game has pretty much gone in the toilet on many of the boards...I keep hoping for a commentary from you or Mason on it. Such actities are clearly +EV in the short term, but I don't see how they could be long term for one's game.

but I have ordered Barry's book - I hate Party Poker anyways... - I never play their 3/6 games.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

discuss