View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Re: STEP tourney strategy

These step SNGs offer an incredible overlay for the top level player. For a strong, above average SNG player (those of us who play 22s-55s) they give a good edge. The 109/215 players on here must be having a field day. For the stronger SNG players these are halfway freerolls.

On the play side, this is one step 2 (55) i played today. I played 2 hands to the river. On one, I hit a set of 4s, turned a full house, then when my foolish opponent hit his flush he gave me all his chips. Up to 2200.

Then at the final table I doubled up with a pair of 10s vs a pair of 9s (4500 now). Apart from that 5 or 6 easy steals (off weak SSs) and I coasted through to lvl 3. You really don't have to play many hands, people will self destruct, and by the time they realize they should try to be in the top 4 it is too late. The blinds are high and the are being attacked. Though I imagine this changes at the 530/ final level.

I am a little puzzled as to why the lvl 5 payout isnt a little more spread out... top 4 is not condusive to the weaker fish.