View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Live 10/20 Question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for you pocket threes - sometimes calling 2 with a pp is good poker, sometimes it is bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pocket threes in this spot is the easiest call ever. This 79s is closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you're trying to slap me for being a cock and I probably deserve it, but the poster never specified what situation his pocket 3's faced.

[ QUOTE ]
I play in these weak passive games live all the time, and I'm not at all against seeing flops against large fields with these speculative hands. But I just can't see a solid argument for profitability here. If you can, I'd love to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should know these numbers already, but I don't and I don't have my cheat sheet with me. However, I believe that a 1 gapper suited is a 5-1 dog to hit his draw or better. Hero is getting 7.6-1 if bb folds.

If he misses his flush draw or better then he is out 1.5 sb only. This is a loose passive game

If hero does flop a draw then is only a 2-1 dog to complete it. At that point, he'll be putting in 1.5 more bets to win probably 4.5 bb. And this is a conservative estimate. If hero hits his draw and bets out, button may raise and hero is ecstatic. Of course, hero may find himself trapped in a raising war, but the OP already indicated that this is unlikely.