View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 07:54 AM

Default PokerRoom Opinions, please

Having dumped Party (long, sad story of lousy software, terrible support, plus outright lies & broken promises from their "Support" folks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] ), I'm looking about for an alternative.

BTW, I'm using a P4/1.7, 1Gb RAM, plenty of spare HD capacity, ATI Radeon 9200 card; OS is W2k SP4, fully up to date; ISP is Sympatico, and I use a D-Link DI-704 router with the latest firmware. I also, when playing, run PT, auto-updating every 2 minutes, with the External GT window and PA HUD running.

At present, I'm playing $1/$2 ring games - tournaments are not of interest at this time, and I don't really care about bonuses, which, to me, are just that - bonuses, but, on the margin between alternative sites, I'd then consider ease of payout.

My chosen site should be (relatively) EasyToWin, with stable software, and, of course, compatible with PT, all of which appear to apply to PokerRoom. I'm not necessarily "married" to the idea of PokerRoom, and would welcome alternative site suggestions, excluding UB (too tough for my style).

What I can't seem to be able to find are:
1. could I "observe" several PokerRoom tables at once, for a period, until I build up an new PT db for PokerRoom only?
2. opinions from 2+2 users who play at this site (I can get lots from all sorts of other folks, but I trust you guys more than the shillers & spammers with which the Net is replete ).
TIA for any and all opinions,
Jimmy