View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: 25-50 results

ok.
so the reason i put the MP on 34 rather then 78 or a set is because after the button calls and i checkraise if he has the nuts he is going to make a big play right there to shut out the possible draws (since it is multiway rather then heads up) and i put the button on the flush draw as he seemed to have kept getting priced into drawing.

as it turned out i pushed the river, trying to represent a busted flush draw.
after all i check raised the flop, then check called the turn, so i figured that might look like a busted flush draw.

the MP player thought for about three minutes, counted out the chips to call, almost did, and then finally folded in disgust, flashing 34 of hearts to several players.

martin (button) showed K9 of hearts and folded as well.

in retrospect i think my only chance to get paid would have been to go for a checkraise, but i think there is a high liklihood the MP would have checked the river.

and as to the poster who commented on how i could checkraise the flop then check the turn if i thought i was ahead....i didn't think i was ahead.

however i felt like i got close to the right price to call on the turn and try and fill up.
i was also thinking that i would have some implied odds if i did fill up, however it turns out i didn't.