View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: i\'m self-destructive

I feel for ya' bro. It sucks to lose that much so quickly.

This won't help your immediate problem, but I wonder if it would be possible for these online poker sites to allow players to set some sort of maximum-loss amount. At a time when you are not on tilt, you could set your max loss amount for the week or the month or the day or whatever.

At your level, maybe you could set a max loss for the weekend at $4K or something. This would keep us players with discipline and tilting problems from losing all our money in a short time.

I control my discipline problems by having most of my regular paycheck direct deposited into a bank account that isn't attached to neteller or any poker site. The amount I am prepared to lose at poker goes in another account. However, it would be cool to set a weekly loss amount when I first deposit. Once the week was up, the pokersite would allow me to reset my loss amount.

A system like this would be overkill for most players, but it might help those of us that are prone to gambling it up too much.

Sorry for the rant. I agree with the other posters that you should seek counseling.