View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: 66 hand, inspired by test

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain should have bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but then, what is gained by this bet? You are way ahead or way behind here, betting QQ on an AKK flop doesn't seem to be too bright at first glance.

Note that in the actual hand, his checking encouraged his opponent to put in 1.5 BB drawing almost dead. Granted, he got outplayed, but betting the flop doesn't stop us from getting outplayed, now does it?

JJ, TT, 99... sure, you bet because it becomes more and more likely that a free card will beat you. QQ though? I don't know. It seems like the only reason to bet is because you really want to fold and want to feel better about doing it.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise. What's your argument for betting? Are you taking advantage of a leak in your opponent's game, or do you think betting is best even against a perfect opponent?

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, if hero(cold-caller) is ahead he's not folding. If behind he is likely deciding between folding and trying to make villain fold.

With any kind of read on the cold-caller as a decent player, the cold-call preflop is a strange play. Either he holds a monster looking to drum up action or maybe he is just suffering a brief lack of discipline??? The chances he holds AA, KK or AKs are very small given the flop, so...this leads me toward getting to showdown/not folding my QQ. (I also think it is much more likely villain holds a K than the cc'er.)

So the main reason for leading out at some point in this hand is actually for value AND not giving free cards.
<font color="green">But would I rather see villain fold than take free cards? </font>

How much does a free card hurt in this small pot? I guess we shouldn't be too scared since we only lose to running trips, a set or a str8...all rather unlikely. Edit: flush also possible.

I prefer betting the flop to keep an opponent behind from checking through.
If called checking the turn if...

1) I think my opponent will bet here on a bluff.
2) My opponent will raise the turn with an Ax.
3) My opponent will semi-bluff the turn with a draw.

Thoughts?