Thread: 15-30 Hand
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: 15-30 Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Still learning, so forgive me if this is basic. 15-30 on Party. I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in a 6 handed game. I'm on the button. One limper, I call (automatic raise...or do you only raise this if you can build a volume pot), SB calls, BB checks. Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving me big trips. SB bets, fold to me, I raise, SB reraises and I call. Turn comes the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] giving me low backup. He bets, I raise, he reraises, I call. River is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets, I call. Comments? Too much on the turn?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still learning too but I'd likely raise pre-flop from the button with this hand. It seems to me that your turn raise is fine. You are representing strength, which you definitely have here, but him re-raising sounds to me like he flopped 9s over 4s. You should see the river since you can still scoop the pot or get half, but then the river bet by him probably means you should fold. Then again this is something I have a problem with. In this spot I might convince myself he has a similar hand to my own and make a crying call here.