View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Cigars, Politics and Freedom (in that order)

OK, I did a search on the forums, and there seem to have been very few posts (of any worth really) about cigars. Yet I feel that cigars have, very much, a strong association with the unmentionable (on this forum) game.

On reflection, I realised that the problem was that you poor USA citizens are not allowed this marvellous experience that a hand made Cuban gigar of good quality is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I mean, economic sanctions.. against that small island... u guys are real wusses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I really am only experienced with Cubans. Every forays I have had with other nationalities seegars (as Gore Vidal would say) has been a dissapointment.

I also note that Pres. Kennedy ensured that his staff went out and purchased some Cubans the day prior to enabling the embargo. At least some president had some class. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] By the way, those were Upmann if the legend is right.

Anyone ready to discuss cigars, or politics and freedom? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS I enjoy one cigar daily after my meal, whilst I finish my bottle of red and play some on-line poker, ot just relax. OK, rarely, for the right occasion I may have 2, or even 3). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]