View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Clearing this Party Bonus at the $50NL

This is the first time that I have really tried playing online NL. My main game is the 5/10 6 max and $109 SNG's. Since poker seems to be moving to NL I thought that I had better learn to play it. Based on my first 500 hands I can honestly say that I hate it.

These people are just plain goofy. I am finding it hard to play against the ones that flop top pair and just shove it in. The problem that I have found is that they see most flops and are just as likely to have top pair top kicker as they are to have flopped bottom two.

I guess a point could be made for me not starting with 4 tables (along with 2 more of 5/10) but the biggest problem isn't playing the 6 tables (I usually play 8) but using the slider. I have been playing with the keyboard in my lap since I can't seem to get the slider to work fast enough for me. I think a good improvement would be for the slider to increase the size of the pot when you click in it. I am playing the $0.50/$1.00 tables and the first click takes it to $6.00 which is way more that I want.

I would like to hear how others that normally play these tables efficiently bet and raise.

NZ