View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 11:56 PM

Default Re: 3 Hands from Tonight: Just to make sure.......

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Don't openraise this preflop at a loose-passive .5/1 game. Limp in if you can expect at least 4 other people to see the flop with you, otherwise muck it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to get 4 players in this hand, and I thought this was the best line to take in this hand because I was opening the pot. At best, if everyone calls after me, I'd get 5 players total. I thought the best play was to show some strength and raise, hopefully getting the field down to 2 or 3 total. I felt the preflop raise was the best option because

1. I could possibly thin the field and get it down to 1 or 2 players (and if its just the blinds, I have great position) and..
2. I felt that I actually had the best hand at this point, as odd as it may seem. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: If you are going to play his hand here, you should raise preflop. I personally lean towards folding this preflop most of the time. Given that you're there, raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan of raising this hand preflop, and I too usually fold this hand. I only played it because I was on the button after limpers. I agree that the turn raise was in order here and I messed up!

Thanks for the comments.

Joe