View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 01:44 PM

Default What would you do? What does Button have that U beat?

2/4 at Commerce -9 seats. It's Sat. night and is an "interesting" table. SB is a kid 2 yrs. out of USC, but he obviously spent many a frat night playing poker and now works with the Boy Scouts! His dad just joined us from a NL game and is in the BB. If he has good cards - he raises early and often. I am UTG+1, CO is in too many hands. Button is a total fish - plays and raises almost anything. He is good for a $200-300 capital infusion to his table every time he sits down. He is the reason I am staying up past my bedtime.

I have AKs in UTG+1 and my table image is that I raise premium hands so I choose to sit back and just call. There are 4 other people likely to start the raisin' behind me pre-flop. Man do they cooperate.

UTG calls, I call, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button raises, SB 3 bets, and BB caps, UTG folds, I call, CO calls, all others fold. 5 players 21sb

Flop: JTx rainbow - suits unimportant. SB, BB and I check to CO who bets, all others call. 5 players 26 sb

Turn: small rag. All check to CO who bets, all call. 5 players 15.5 bb.

River: another small useless rag. I am in a multi-way mess where after opening strength, nobody has shown anything but weakeness. Any pair, anywhere, and I am toast in a nice pot. But my relative position of last to act behind CO will help out.

All check to CO who bets, big suprise. Let the folding begin. The other 3 fold to me which I really like.

But now it is time to call, raise, or fold? What would you do and why? And, what would you put CO on that I could beat? Hopefully, this is a fun analysis on busted hands. Does CO have a J or does he have J *hit?

I'll post the result later.