View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 01:12 PM

Default A few hands from my final table last night

I played a BD 30+3 last night with 110 entries and got to the final table. I ended up 4th which is pretty good considering this is one of the few final tables I've been to because I haven't played that many MTT's. Anyways, I have a few hands that I would like to discuss. I don't have PokerTracker so this is from memory. The first two hands are similar, the 3rd is a bit different. Anyways, here goes:

Hand 1: 8 people left, I have approx 25K and villain has approx 37K in chips, blinds are 500/1K

I am in SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villian limps, I complete, BB checks

Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, BB check, villain bets out 2K, I raise all-in, BB folds, villain folds

Hand 2: I have approx. 20K in chips, 4 people left, villain has about the same stack as me, blinds are 1K/2K

I am in BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone folds to villain in SB, he raises to 4K, I call because he has raised my blind basically every time so I am not scared of his raise.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets out 4K, I raise all-in, he folds.

Hand 3:

Hero in SB with approx 20K in chips, villian is in BB and is chip leader with approx. 80K in chips. 4 people left. Blinds 1K/2K

Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone folds to hero, hero raises to 4K, villain calls.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets 4K, villain calls.

Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, villain bets enough to put hero all-in. Hero folds. Even though he didn't have to, villain shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Anyways, I guess my question about the first two hands is if I should have played more slowly or if you guys think I basically got as many chips as I could out of it. With the last hand, I was wondering if you guys would push the flop all-in there. I am about 99% sure that I played that last hand wrongly and it really crippled my stack there at the end. I was pretty pissed at myself after that one. Anyways, I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks