View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: NFL Week 1 Lines

[ QUOTE ]
People, it's just one game. Anyone so sure of a Pats murder or an outright Raiders win should play this game massively, but alas something tells me hyperbole abounds here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously like home dogs, but I think historically the first week (maybe even two) they don't cover as often. I am not 100% certain on this, but I am pretty sure.

As far as the 7.5, I don't understand your math (I am not great with math), but I know there is a reason the books don't like to move off of the 3 and 7. And usually when they do they are taking a stance on the game. So, why would you not want to side with the book for the extra 10 cents? (especially since you are already getting low vig anyways)? Would you have taken OAK +6.5? I am just curious.

Also, off topic, but I think you think i am picking on you. I am really not a jerk. I don't think you can win with just two books? I know that you always pay on/off the 3 or 7, etc... But, it isn't personal. The only reason I was a dick at first was because it seemed like you wanted to tout on Ebay.

craig