View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: easy kk fold??? 3 to 1 on my money

[ QUOTE ]
2 things-
1) You're leaving a lot of info out about why you think he has aces before you even looked at your hand. He raised 6x... was this out of the norm? Did he normally limp with Kings? I've seen 1 or 2 people who NEVER raise unless its aces or kings. If its not those guys... I don't see how you can put him on one and only one hand when all he's done is open the betting.

IF you clearly put him on aces... why the hell did you raise? Clearly you didn't believe your own read.

2) Here's the biggie... how can your raise to $75... then fold to $75 more, especially since you're certain UTG has aces? Think of it...

If you fold, you're left with $152 and no chance to improve.
If you call, and you're right... you are likely way ahead of MP3... perhaps as high as a 4-1 favorite. around 80% of the time, you win the side pot and you're left with $150 ($2 less then if you call)
approx 10% of the time, you'll hit a set and scoop... meaning 10% of the time you win a $606 dollar pot.
approx 10% of the time mp3 might scoop and you lose it all.

This doesn't even take into account the times your read is wrong and you're ahead of them both...

I think that was a bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice analysis - totally agree.