View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: This needs to be settled, vote on Empire here

Hey, I am one of the players that got axed and regardless of what the OP or meow-meow stated, I, like the vast majority of players banned, have never bitched or complained about the fact they gave me the boot. That is why I voted that it is a good business plan, Answer the question posed Vern

Most of the threads with complaints have not been about getting axed but the manner with which Empire put the plan into action. That manner could barely instill confidence in those that did not get axed. The posts have mostly argued that a warning ahead of time would have caused the player to act differently with regard to play time, or at least honesty in providing a reason for termination would have avoided the PR mess generated by the closings.

So, to answer your biased poll, no, I cannot see how any rational person would '...think it's bad business to ban players who are costing Empire money?' but had you also bothered to include a question as to the manner of action on Empire's part you might have actually gotten at the root of the problem. Likewise I cannot see how any rational person could answer this question 'no': "When closing down the account of a person only playing on their site for the offered bonuses; Do you think it's bad busniess to ban a player's account without warning or explination and when not stone walling, only responding to inquries by implying the player had engaged in 'wrongful' or 'suspicous' activity?"

Vern