View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: AbsolutePoker vs. PokerStars

I very recently (about a month ago) switched from AP to pokerstars.

I'll list the main reasons why I did it:

1. The blind structure at AP is not as good. The blinds move up very quickly compared to PS. Also, I'm not sure about their SNG's anymore, but they really donked the blind structure of those to where you were at 50/100 within 30 minutes of playing. I seem to remember about 2-3 months ago thinking that their SNG's had essentially become a crapshoot not worth playing. Not sure if this is still true.

2. The fields at AP seem to be a little tougher than the fields at PS. I was able to have a nice ROI at AP because of the smaller fields, but now that I have a frame of reference, I believe PS is somewhat softer than AP. In particular, I would recommend putting about $50 on PS and playing the $1.00 + $0.20 45 player SNG's for a while to guage what it's like.

3. I got tired of manually tracking my tournament results. I had been patiently waiting for them to re-format their tournament HH's so PokerTracker could use them, but they never did. The last straw was when they recently went through the big overhaul and introduced HH saved locally and changed the format of them but didn't do anything for tournaments. Tournaments with PokerTracker are cake on PS.

4. I like the interface on AP and don't really have a problem with it, but I like the interface on PS a lot better.

That said, I am using what is left of my bankroll on AP to qualify for the 2006 ME. They do have nice satellites into their weekly ME Satellite, which never has more than 150 players. So, I think you would have a much better shot at qualifying there than on PS.

Overall, I couldn't be happier about moving to PS to play tournaments.