View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Better line for flopped bottom 2pair, please!

[ QUOTE ]
Does the villain have a habit of limping with strong aces in middle position?

I think the only hand you're going to see here that will beat you is A7, 77 or possibly A5. Is the villain capable of raising the flop with KQ?

If I have a decent read I'm going to try to milk my opponent as much as possible. If I have no read I don't mind 3 betting the flop and ending the hand right there.

In this case, assuming no reads I'm reraising to $12 and calling a push from an average party player. If he smooth calls the flop I push the turn.

I don't understand why you think he has a big ace. His preflop limp typically means something like A2-A9 suited, or A7-ATo. it's also possible that he limped with AA and you got really unlucky, but them's the breaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting the flop is really bad here. It folds out all the hands you are beating, and even if villain gets all in with top pair, he has plenty of outs to catch up, and if you are behind, you are [censored]. I call his flop raise and lead the turn for 2/3 or C/R all in depending on board textures, stack sizes, etc.

On this particular hand I bet the turn for 2/3 pot on the turn and fold to even a minraise.