View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Typical rule for dealer double-burn mistake?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A related problem you will see far more often is a four card flop. In this case the flop (and usually burn depending on the rulebook) must be picked up and re-shuffled because there is no sure-fire way to know if or what cards were stuck together when the flop was put down and spread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. When dealing the Flop I deal three cards straight down, if two cards stick together so that in fact i have dealt four cards, the top card on that pile is always the fourth card regardless of where in the pile the cards stuck together. and the way I spread the flop the top card is the card on the left most of the flop. Finding the correct burn should be very easy as long as the dealer follows procedure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Imagine the top 4 cards are ABCD, in that order. If you put down the correct cards, you put A down first, then B on top, then C. If two cards stick together, you have the following possibilities (top to bottom): D, C, AB; D, BC, A; CD, B, A. There's no way of knowing which of the top two cards is correct.