View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Inside straight and flush draw - suggest a better line.

Tough spot. You probably thought you could take it right here, right? Or, as you said, 3 bet all-in? Yeah. Then things went all batty.

The problem with your play here is that your EV is so much better with a check-raise on the flop than a flat out push on the turn. This is because the player here with A8 may look you up and call. The CO may be calling with A7 and just hoping to come along for the ride, get lucky. I doubt that someone has a set, there would probably be a raise; but, that's not too remote a possibility either.

I would have checked the flop. If someone bets, then I'd push. I'd be getting great fold equity this way, great odds if there is a call. If I get two checks, then so be it. A flop bet is fine here, too, however; in fact I'd probably be doing this at least half the time because I get good fold equity and good implied odds depending on my turn. You just got two callers and a sucky turn.

I think a turn push would be fine against one player, two is just too risky on the turn. I think that checking the turn and hoping that the 7 hurt both opponents is the way to go. If one of them bets, however, you can just cold call for odds or then push depending on how strong you think the bet is.

Argun