View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Hand late in tourney ....

I have 77 preflop with about 220K, average stack is about 200K - guy up against me has 350K and has been pushing preflop continously and being called down with hands such as AJ - all holding up..

Blinds are 4/8K - I make it 24K to go, they immediately come over top all-in. I know for a fact, well my gut tells me.. This person has AKo/AKs/AQo/AQs - I call after 10 seconds of thought.. thought only about whether I thought I was ahead or not.. they turn over AKo

so I'm a 2% favorite - it's what I wanted.. still not thrilled... The K comes on the turn. I'm out 99th out of some 1850 or so ..

I used to kick my computer and say "They hate me" etc.. But I thought logically about it this time. And although I was laying down AJ in the BB to a LP raise of 4XBB continously through the trny.. not caring whether I was beat or not... I couldn't lay this hand down if I thought I was ahead.

Is this a flaw in my game? Different people will have different thoughts so I'd like to hear from as many people as possible. My thoughts now, of course, are I should of held off until I was in better shape. I was not short stacked and risked everything here because 'my gut;' told me I had the hand PF.

Thoughts ?