View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Looking for tips to improve my game

man i love this one:

"8. Dont slowplay anything (at these levels), come out betting and raising. Dont worry about "I want to get value", just go ahead and bet and raise like a lunatic. They will call. When they stop calling, start bluffing. "

I did this for a long time, then a friend suggested I try the check raise. Did that for about a week, and it was bad. Went back to pot-betting from EP with what I think is the best, and my BB/100 is improved.

Mind you, a check raise can be very useful, especially when it's a check raise someone for all their chips. That really steams 'em.

Oh, and use gametime+. I can recognize VPIP without it now, but when I was learning, it was key to notice that someone was VPIP < 15% and just not get involved with them. It's just hard to maximize your BB/100 with tight-arse folk.

And choose tables with lots of people with VPIP >45%. Watch out for the SLAGS (VPIP ~ 30%). They're me, and we'll eat y'all up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Most of winning at poker is playing with weaker opponents.