View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Looking for tips to improve my game

Some thoughts I have

1. See lots of cheap flops with speculative hands (suited and non-suited connectors and 1-gappers (even two gappers if you feel like it).
2. Call raises with hands that you can win a big pot or fold easily ... not hands that will suck YOU in to lose a big pot or win a small one. (Pairs are the best, but SCs are ok too, if the stack-sizes are big enough, small SCs are better than big ones here I feel (you dont often get tempted for a full pot bet with bottom/middle pair no kicker, but you might with top pair/good kicker). (e.g. 76s good QJs not so good)
3. Since they call too much you beat em by betting the hell out of your big hands.
4. Since you want to bet the hell out of big hands, you want to be able to hit big hands ... so see lots of cheap flops.
5. Dont raise so much with AK, cos if you hit your A and get action, you are likely not up against a weaker A, rather a two-pair/set type hand.
6. The money is made post-flop, not preflop, and its even more accentuated when you raise preflop.
7. See lots of cheap flops with speculative hands (I know I said this already, but I think its really important).
8. Dont slowplay anything (at these levels), come out betting and raising. Dont worry about "I want to get value", just go ahead and bet and raise like a lunatic. They will call. When they stop calling, start bluffing.